P1002 allows you to securely bond and safely repair PVC inflatable products, including boats and lifesaving equipment.
This PVC adhesive offers the user the following benefits:
- Ensures a secure bond because it is resistant to plasticisers and has been developed specifically for adhering PVC.
- Has a temperature resistance of -30°C to 120°C and is resistance to both sea water and chemicals
- Extremely versatile.
- Is toluene free, making it suitable for both professional and non-professional use, thereby providing a larger potential customer base.
- Eliminates the need for expensive application equipment as it is easily and quickly applied with a brush or roller.
This PU PVC / ABS Adhesive, P1002, is a single-part adhesive which will bond a wide variety of surfaces. As a result, this ABS adhesive is ideal for or known as:
- Nylon fabric
- Repair PVC inflatable products
- Lifesaving equipment
- PVC adhesive
- PU foam bonding glue
Can be used in conjunction with
This polyurethane contact adhesive can be a two-part adhesive when used in conjunction with Bondrite Curing Agent, the additive improves heat resistance rather than extra strength (see PU PVC/ABS Adhesive Kit - P1002 1L).
Either method provides an adhesive with excellent adhesion to both plasticised and unplasticised PVC.
The additive improves heat resistance rather than extra strength.
This PVC adhesive comes in various sizes:
This adhesive is available in the following sizes:
- 250ml PU PVC/ABS Adhesive - P1002
- 250ml Kit PU PVC/ABS Adhesive - P1002
- 1 Litre PU PVC/ABS Adhesive - P1002
- 1 Litre Kit PU PVC/ABS Adhesive - P1002
- 5 Litre PU PVC/ABS Adhesive - P1002
Adhesive technical information
|Finishing||30°C to 120°C|
|Coverage||4m2 / Litre|
|Application Temperature||5°C - 30°C|
|Viscosity CPS||3000 cps|
|Tack life||5 mins|
|Pot life||4-6 hours|
|Cure-Time (20°C)||48 hours/ 6 days for|
How to use this adhesive
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease and other contaminants. We recommend that you abrade substrates with a clean emery cloth or wipe with C1017.
- Mix the curing agent thoroughly into the adhesive for five minutes (approximately). Ideally, mix in the proportions supplied or by components adhesive & curing agent at a ratio of 100:6 by weight. If using as a single part follow instructions 3 onwards.
- Apply an even coat of the adhesive to both surfaces with a brush, roller coater or serrated trowel. Allow the adhesive to dry for 5-15 minutes or until it is dry to touch (knuckles).
- Please note: Applying two thin coats of adhesive is preferable to ensure maximum adhesion. Leave the first coat to dry for approximately 20-30 minutes before applying the final coat. Allow the final coat to dry for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Join the surfaces together using as much pressure as possible. This is to prevent air entrapment. Components may be handled within minutes of being bonded.
Polyurethane adhesive price
If you buy this adhesive in bulk it can cost from only £16.25 / tin.
Not sure if this PU / ABS adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this PU adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.