High Strength Retainer A2638 is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts, particularly where bond gap can approach 0.25mm, and maintains an unfaltering bond under all levels of cyclic load stress distribution.
The product is a single component anaerobic, ultra high strength medium viscosity product.
This adhesive liquid cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal with an ultimate structural strength. The product is designed for the permanent fixture of parts and not recommended for parts that may require a strip down or maintenance related dis-assembly.
Typically used for
This adhesive is typically used for bonding:
- Cylindrical fitting parts, particularly where bond gap can approach 0.25mm
- Interference or press fit parts
- Retention of bearings, bonding rotors, cushes and sleeves to shafts
- Locking of keys and splines
- Securing of loose or worn parts.
|Fixture Time||<10 mins|
|Operating Temperature||-50°C to 150°C|
|Strength Break Loose M10||30Nm|
|Strength Prevailing M10||22Nm|
Directions for use
- For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease (internal and external).
- If the material is an inactive metal consider using activator.
- Apply the adhesive to both the inside of the collar, and the leading edge of the pin, and assemble parts with a rotational motion, ensuring a high surface coverage.
- Allow parts to cure to handling strength.
To remove cured product use a combination of solvent and abrasion such as a wire brush.
- Use with proper ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes
- If contact with skin occurs, rinse with warm water or dissolve gradually with appropriate debonder
- Do not try to remove forcibly
- If adhesive gets into eye, keep eye open and rinse thoroughly. Seek medical attention immediately
- Keep well out of reach of children
- Where washing systems are used to clean the surfaces before bonding, it is important to check the compatibility of the washing solution with the adhesive. In some cases these solutions can affect the cure and performance of the adhesive.
Keep adhesive in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
For specific shelf life information, contact us.
High Strength Retainer price
If you buy this adhesive liquid in bulk it can cost from only £2.19 / bottle.
Not sure if this High Strength Retainer adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.