Hydraulic Seal Adhesive, A2542, is designed for the sealing and locking of metal fittings and pipes.
Typically used for
A2542 is particularly suitable for uses such as:
- Sealing and locking of large studs and bolts (M25 & larger)
Hydraulic Seal A2542 is a single-component, anaerobic, medium-strength thixotropic, acrylic-based adhesive. It has very good environmental chemical resistance in particular to substances such as motor oil, leaded petrol, brake fluid, water/glycol 50/50, acetone and ethanol.
Hydraulic Seal A2542 cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents leakage and loosening from vibration and shock.
Sizes of this adhesive available
This adhesive is available in the following sizes:
|Fixture Time||4 hours|
|Operating Temperature||-54°C to 150°C|
|Specific Gravity (25°C)||1.06|
|Breakaway torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||15Nm|
|Prevail torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||9Nm|
Directions for use
- For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease (internal and external)
- If the material is an inactive metal consider using activator
- Shake the product thoroughly before use
- Apply several drops to the bolt and nut
- Assemble and tighten as required
- Properly tightened fittings will seal to moderate pressures instantly. For maximum resistance allow a minimum of 24 hours to cure.
- Remove with standard hand tools
- In circumstances where hand tools do not work, use localised heat to bolt or nut, disassemble while hot
To remove cured product use a combination of solvent and abrasion such as a wire brush.
- Use with proper ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes
- If contact with skin occurs, rinse with warm water or dissolve gradually with appropriate debonder
- Do not try to remove forcibly
- If adhesive gets into eye, keep eye open and rinse thoroughly. Seek medical attention immediately
- Keep well out of reach of children
- This Hydraulic Seal adhesive is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be use with chlorine or other strong oxidising materials
- Where washing systems are used to clean the surfaces before bonding, it is important to check the compatibility of the washing solution with the adhesive. In some cases these solutions can affect the cure and performance of the adhesive
- This adhesive is not recommended for use on certain plastics
Hydraulic Seal price
If you buy this adhesive liquid in bulk it can cost from only £3.62 / bottle.
Not sure if this Hydraulic Seal adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.