Pipe seal A2577 is used in the sealing of all types of threaded connections against water, oil, gases and most common materials conveyed by pipes. Once sealed the connection can withstand pressures up to 10,000 psi (689 bar).
This pipe seal adhesive is available in the following sizes:
Pipe seal A2577 is a medium strength thixotropic acrylic based product which cures through its anaerobic cure system in contact with metals in the absence of air (oxygen). The rate of cure will depend on the bond gap. Threaded fasteners gap size is dependent on thread type and quality.
When cure speed is extended due to low temperatures or inactive surfaces, an activator can be used. The best results are found if A2577 is applied to a second or third threadform.
Not suitable for oxygen systems
A2577 is not suitable for oxygen systems.
Any excess can be simply wiped away, any migration into lines will not solidify and can be flushed away during commissioning.
This Pipe Seal adhesive is widely used in sealing threaded connections against:
- Most common materials conveyed by pipes.
Adhesive technical information
|Chemical form||Dimethacrylate ester|
|Fluorescence||Positive under UV|
|Components||Single – requires no mixing|
Adhesive typical properties of uncured material
|Specific Gravity (25°C)||1.09|
|Seal to operating pressure||4 hours|
Adhesive typical properties of cured material
|Pressure resistance||10,000 psi|
(After 24 hours at 20°C-25°C on M10 steel nuts and bolts)
|-54°C to 150°C|
|Breakaway torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||11Nm|
|Prevail torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||6Nm|
Directions for use
- For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease (internal and external).
- If the material is an inactive metal consider using activator.
- Shake the product thoroughly before use.
- Apply the product to the male fitting on the leading threads in a 360º bead, leave the first thread free, making sure all voids are full. For bigger threads apply more product accordingly and putting a bead on the female.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- Properly tightened fittings will seal to moderate pressures instantly. For maximum resistance allow a minimum of 24 hours to cure.
- Remove with standard hand tools.
- In circumstances where hand tools do not work, use localised heat to bolt or nut, disassemble while hot.
To remove cured adhesive please use a combination of solvent and abrasion such as a wire brush.
- Use with proper ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- If contact with skin occurs, rinse with warm water or dissolve gradually with appropriate debonder.
- Do not try to remove forcibly.
- If adhesive gets into eye, keep eye open and rinse thoroughly. Seek medical attention immediately.
- Keep well out of reach of children.
Keep adhesive in a cool, dry place optimal storage 8°C-21°C is recommended unless otherwise labelled. To prevent contamination of unused material, do not return any adhesive to its original container. For specific shelf life information, contact us.
Pipe seal adhesive price
If you buy this Pipeseal Adhesive in bulk it can cost from only £12.52 / bottle.
Not sure if this pipe sealant is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.