Delamination Acrylic Adhesive S1227 is a two-component, transparent acrylic adhesive (cement) for the high-strength bonding of plastics such as acrylic and perspex.
This adhesive is particularly suited to repairing delaminated acrylic windows in caravans. It is the replacement for our S1220 which was our most popular product for delaminated caravan window repair. The S1227 offers some very important advantages over the original S1220.
- The most common issue raised by users of the S1220 was that the open time was very short, only 1-2 minutes. The S1227 offers the user a much better open time of approximately 15-20 minutes.
- The S1220 was only available in 25ml due to the restriction on the size of the self plunger type cartridge which meant that the maximum bead length was only 1.5m. As the S1227 comes in a bottle we can increase the amount of adhesive provided meaning that for almost the same price as the original S1220 the user now gets enough adhesive for 3-5m bead length. This makes the product even more economical relative to the price of a new window.
The S1227 is easy to use, dries clear and once cured forms a bond that is stronger than the window itself.
Typically used for
Delamination Acrylic Adhesive S1227 is a very versatile product which will bond a wide variety of industrial plastics without the need of primers or surface treatment.
Some typical examples of what this adhesive is good at bonding and for use on:
- Delaminated acrylic windows in caravans, motorhomes and boats
- Caravan window repair
- Caravan window repair glue
- Caravan window repair adhesive
- Delaminated window glue
- Delaminated window adhesive
- Polyplastic window repair
This adhesive is supplied in two separate bottles, Part A being the adhesive and Part B is the activator. Once mixed together the adhesive will start to cure and therefore should be used within 20 minutes of mixing. This kit is designed to be used for a single application. Please do not try to decant smaller amounts of each part as the ratio is specific and you have been provided with exactly the amounts required. If you have more than one window to repair please purchase multiple kits rather than trying to split down a single kit.
High strength bond with high environmental resistance
Once bonded, this fusion of chemistries achieves an ultra high strength UV stable bond with excellent chemical and environmental resistance.
Physical properties of uncured adhesive
|Part A||Part B|
|Appearance||Purple tinge||Light straw|
Properties of mix
|Work time||Approx. 20 mins|
|Cure time||Approx. 4 hours|
|Bond length||3-5m per kit|
Directions for use
- For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease.
- Remove the top from both Part A and Part B bottles and pour all of Part B into the larger Part A bottle.
- Replace the top on the Part A bottle and shake vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Take the cap off the Part A bottle and cut the nib off the top of the bottle down to the ridge.
- Gently apply the adhesive along the centre of the delamination with a bead not exceeding 5mm wide as this will spread across approximately 15mm.
- Check the coating has no gaps that may allow moisture through and thus prevent sealing properly.
- Bring the top pane down to the bottom pane and apply immediate pressure to make sure both panels touch everywhere thereby avoiding gaps.
- If gaps are visible the panels can be lightly clamped to ensure all gaps are mated. Clamping should be achieved using clothes pegs or light spring clamps but not heavy duty clamps as this may cause a spiderwebbing effect.
- It is always easier to remove any excess adhesive prior to cure.
- Once you have used the adhesive leave the cap off the bottle and set outside in a safe location for at least 3 hours. DO NOT touch the bottle in this time as it will get very hot.
- Allow the adhesive sufficient time to achieve handling strength before moving or unclamping components.
- Once product has fully cured, polish any adhesive outside of the bondline with a soft cloth to achieve a deep shine.
Packing and storage information
S1227 should be stored unopened in a cool dry location, out of direct sunlight, at approximately 5-25°C. This grade can offer a 6 month shelf life from manufacture.
- One 45ml set will bond approximately 3m-5m in length.
- Each set is single use, once mixed the adhesive cannot be used again outside of its working time.
- If you only have a partial delamination we would recommend using WC105 instead to reduce waste. WC105 can be re-used if stored correctly thereby offering better value for money as well.
Customer asked questions
Question: When I take the top off the bottle, there isn’t a nozzle. Have you forgotten to send me something?
Answer: The lid of the bottle has a nozzle included. You need to twist the tip off to reveal the nozzle. The tip is about a centimetre from the top of the bottle.
Question: I want to purchase some S1227 to repair my delaminated caravan window. How long do I have to complete my repairs?
Answer: The S1227 product can be used for 3-4 weeks after receipt. We do not recommend you buy now if you plan to complete the repair work beyond 4 weeks after purchase.
Do you only have a partial window delamination issue?
If you only have a partial delamination we would recommend using WC105 instead to reduce waste. 250ml Caravan Window Delamination Acrylic Repair Bonding Adhesive – WC105 which can be re-used if stored correctly thereby offering better value for money as well.
Not sure if this structural adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.