This PVC adhesive is particularly useful for the repair of inflatable products, including boats and lifesaving equipment.
This PVC adhesive offers the user the following benefits:
- Ensures a secure bond because it is resistant to plasticisers and has been developed specifically for adhering PVC.
- Has a temperature resistance of -30°C to 120°C and is resistant to both sea water and chemicals.
- Extremely versatile.
- Is toluene free, making it suitable for both professional and non-professional use.
- Eliminates the need for expensive application equipment as it is easily and quickly applied with a brush or roller.
- To aid with application we also offer a brush lid to fit the 250ml tin.
This Inflatable Boat Repair kit, P1002, is a two-part adhesive which will bond a wide variety of surfaces. As a result, this adhesive is ideal for or known as:
- Repair PVC inflatable products
- Lifesaving equipment
- PVC adhesive
- Inflatable boats
- Sea water resistant adhesive
- Plasticised PVC
- Unplasticised PVC
The additive provided is to be mixed with the adhesive prior to application and improves heat resistance of the final bond.
This Inflatable Boat Repair adhesive comes in various sizes:
This adhesive is available in the following sizes:
- Inflatable Boat Repair Kit – 250ml
- Inflatable Boat Repair Kit – 1 Litre
Adhesive technical information
|30°C to 120°C
|4m2 / Litre
|5°C – 30°C
|48 hours/ 6 days
Adhesive information – Part B
|Isocyanate solution (MDI)
|18% – 22% approx.
How to use this adhesive
- As of 24 August 2023, training is required for professional and industrial users of polyurethane adhesives and sealant products within the EU and UK. The training is all online via a PU Training platform which can be accessed via www.safeusediisocyanates.eu
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease and other contaminants. We recommend that you abrade substrates with a clean emery cloth or wipe with C1017.
- Mix the curing agent thoroughly into the adhesive for five minutes (approximately). Ideally, mix in the proportions supplied or by components adhesive & curing agent at a ratio of 100:6 by weight.
- Apply an even coat of the adhesive to both surfaces with a brush, roller coater or serrated trowel. Allow the adhesive to dry for 5-15 minutes or until it is dry to touch (knuckles).
- Please note: Applying two thin coats of adhesive is preferable to ensure maximum adhesion. Leave the first coat to dry for approximately 20-30 minutes before applying the final coat. Allow the final coat to dry for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Join the surfaces together using as much pressure as possible. This is to prevent air entrapment. Components may be handled within minutes of being bonded.
Inflatable Boat Repair adhesive price
If you buy this adhesive in bulk we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this inflatable boat repair adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this PVC adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.