Equivalent to well-known brand product 222 – Purple.
This Screw Glue A2222 is designed for the sealing and locking of threaded fasteners which may require easy disassembly with standard hand tools.
This adhesive is a single-component anaerobic, low-strength thixotropic, acrylic-based thread locker. It cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces, while preventing leakage and loosening from vibration and shock.
This adhesive has very good chemical and solvent resistance in particular to:
- Motor oil
- Leaded petrol
- Brake fluid
Screw Lock Adhesive Glue A2222 is particularly suitable for uses such as:
- Adjustment of set screws;
- Small diameter or long length fasteners where easy disassembly is required without shearing the screw;
- Sealing and locking of threaded fasteners.
Screw Glue Technical information
|Fluorescence||Positive under UV|
|Fixture Time||15 mins|
|Specific Gravity (25°C)||1.05|
Typical Performance of Cured Material
|Operating temperature (After 24hr at 20°C – 25°C on M10 steel nuts and bolts)||-54°C to 150°C|
|Breakaway torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||8 Nm|
|Prevail torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||6 Nm|
How to use this adhesive
Please follow these steps when using this adhesive fluid.
- For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease (internal and external).
- If the material is an inactive metal consider using an activator.
- Shake the product thoroughly before use.
- Apply several drops to the bolt and nut.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- To prevent the clogging of the nozzle, do not let the tip touch metal surface during application.
- Remove with standard hand tools.
- In circumstances where hand tools do not work, use localized heat to bolt or nut, disassemble while hot.
To remove cured adhesive use a combination of solvent and abrasion such as a wire brush.
Cost of this Adhesive
If you buy this adhesive in bulk, we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this screw lock adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements, please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.