Superglue for Difficult Surfaces B300, is a low-to-medium viscosity, fast curing, single-component cyanoacrylate adhesive, which can be used for virtually any type of fastening job. It has been specially formulated for difficult-to-bond materials. B300 superglue can even maintain a rapid fixture time on acidic surfaces such as wood, leather and dichromated metals.
High cure speed
This superglue is less dependent on surface moisture for cure speed than other standard cyanoacrylate grades. Better efficiency and quality, combined with cost saving, has made B300 a suitable repair material.
When a thin layer of this super glue is applied between two surfaces, it comes into contact with atmospheric moisture. At this point, a rapid polymerization occurs producing the ultimate bond.
This superglue is available in the following sizes:
This superglue is used in a huge cross section of industrial applications: from OEM to MRO industries, this grade can be used on a variety of plastic, rubber and metal bonding applications including automotive, white goods and furniture manufacturing.
Materials this superglue is good to bond, or it is known as, include:
- Rigid PVC
- Stainless steel
- Dichromated metals
- Fast acting superglue
- OEM superglue
- MRO superglue
- Superglue for metal
- Superglue for plastic
- Glue for metals
- Glue for plastics
- Glue for wood
- Superglue for rubber
- Glue for rubber
Good for bonding
- Centre consoles, dashboards and weather stripping
- Identification tags to equipment
- Rubber pads to equipment base or legs
- Components in a speaker cone
- Leather and rubber during shoe manufacture
- Fabric on lampshades
How to use this super glue
- Make sure the surfaces to be bonded are clean and dry (preferable to solvent-wipe plastics glass, and rubber, and to acid-treat metals).
- Dispense a drop or drops to one surface only. Apply only enough to leave a thin film after compression.
- Press parts together and hold firmly for a few seconds. Good contact is essential. In most cases, an adequate bond develops in less than one minute (see table ‘Cure speed of B300 for various materials’ for more information). Maximum strength is achieved in 24 to 48 hours.
- Wipe off excess adhesive from the top of the container and recap B300. If left uncapped, may deteriorate by contamination from moisture in the air.
- Because B300 polymerises on contact with moisture surfaces, sometimes whitening will occur on the surface of the container or the bonded materials. Should this happen, wipe surfaces well with debonder.
This super glue is soluble in: acetone, dimethyl formamide, nitromethame and dimethyl sulfoxide.
Adhesive liquid state properties
|Bond Time||<1 min|
|Specific Gravity (20°C)||1.053~1.060|
|Refraction Index (n 20D)||1.439|
|Flash Point (°C)||>80°C|
|Shelf life||12 months|
|Boiling Point (°C)||65/6mm Hg|
Adhesive cured state properties
|Specific Gravity (20°C)||1.1~1.3|
|Working Temperature||-55°C to 80°C|
|Refractive Index (n 20D)||1.49|
|Dielectric Constant (at 10MHz)||3.5|
|Dielectric Loss (at 10MHz)||0.067|
Cure speed of B300 for various materials
|Materials bonded||Time to achieve adequate bond in seconds|
|ABS to ABS||5|
|Wood to wood||50|
|ABS to stainless steel||50|
|NBR to stainless steel||50|
|NBR to NBR||2|
|Stainless steel to stainless steel||50|
|ABS to NBR||2|
|Wood to ABS||20|
Bond strength of B300 for various materials
Tensile shear strength, cured for 24 hours at 20°C – 25°C
|Materials bonded||Tensile Shear Strength (kg/cm2)|
|Rigid PVC to Rigid PVC||40|
|ABS to ABS||50|
|Polycarbonate to polycarbonate||80|
|Polystyrene to polystyrene||30|
|Natural rubber to natural rubber||5|
|Neoprene to neoprene||5|
|NBR to NBR||5|
|ABS to SBR||5|
|SBR to SBR||5|
|Steel to steel||150|
|Stainless steel to stainless steel||150|
|Aluminum to aluminum||140|
|Copper to copper||130|
|Steel to rigid PVC||50|
|Stainless steel to neoprene||5|
- Use with proper ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- If contact with skin occurs, rinse with warm water or dissolve gradually with appropriate debonder. Do not try to remove forcibly.
- If adhesive gets into eye, keep eye open and rinse thoroughly. Seek medical attention immediately.
- Keep well out of reach of children.
- Keep adhesive in a cool, dry place 20°C – 25°C. For long term storage, refrigeration (5°C) is recommended.
Superglue for Difficult Surfaces B300 price
If you buy this superglue in bulk we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this Superglue is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.