This acrylic adhesive is fast acting, clear and specifically formulated to bond acrylic, it is particularly suited to repairing hairline cracks in caravan windows. This version of the acrylic adhesive is supplied as a kit including a fine dosing tip to assist with application into the crack. If your window is de-laminated, this product is too thin for the job.
Wick into Cracks
As it is very thin it will "wick" into cracks, it will evaporate very quickly and should leave no residue.
- Bond acrylic
- Repairing hairline cracks in caravan windows
This acrylic adhesive will evaporate very quickly and should leave no residue.
Ideal for use with
It is ideal for use with a syringe or fine dosing tip.
This adhesive has the following properties:
- Very Low Viscosity
- Fast Curing
This adhesive comes in several variations, these being:
Adhesive technical information
|Polymer Base||Methylene Chloride|
|Viscosity CPS||Water like|
|Coverage||6-8 m2 / litre approx.|
|Dilution Solvent||Not recommended|
How to use this adhesive
Note: Before bonding your materials, we recommend a preliminary compatibility test.
- Supplied ready for use, it is best applied by brush, bottle or syringe with a suitable dosing tip
- All surfaces to be adhered must be dry and free from grease. Degrease with a suitable degreaser
- The adhesive is normally “wicked” into the joint. Ideally, a pressure of 80 kilos per square metre should be applied over the bonded area
- Care should be taken to avoid excess adhesive outside the bonding area. The adhesive is very aggressive so any excess could cause smearing on the acrylic and should be soaked up with tissue or similar and not wiped. Wiping could result in smearing the surface of the acrylic quite badly
When using this caravan window repair adhesive for the first time we recommend practising on a scrap piece or similar to familiarise yourself with how quickly it comes out of the tip.
If you spill on the window or apply too much, do not wipe off as this will smudge the window. Try to put the tip of a tissue or similar into the adhesive and allow it to be absorbed.
- Large face-to-face surfaces will be a problem as the solvent has to evaporate. Too large an area may result in the adhesive inside the joint gradually eating into the substrate as it cannot evaporate
- WC102 in 50ml is supplied in plastic bottles please use within 2 weeks of purchase as it can evaporate through the bottle
- WC102 supplied in metal containers has a shelf life of 1 year if stored correctly
- Store between 5°C and 25°C
Crack Window Repair Adhesive price
If you buy this Crack Repair Acrylic Adhesive in bulk it can cost from only £8.60 / bottle.
Not sure if this Crack Repair Acrylic Adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive kit is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.