Nutlock A2243 is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which may require disassembly with standard hand tools. Nutlock A2243 can be used on gearbox bolts / driveshafts, bearing cover cap screws, counter sunk screws, conveyor roller bolts and construction equipment. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration, replacing lock washers and plastic inserts. It locks machine tool access bolts, studs and hydraulic system bolts.
Nutlock A2243 is an oil-tolerant removable medium-strength thread-locking fluid. All removable nut grades will hold all metric and imperial or conventional sized nuts and bolts, meeting the requirements of over 80% of fastening applications. Once applied, parts slip together easily, lubricated by the adhesive.
Protects against rust, corrosion, shock & vibration
This sealer is ideal for protecting threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration, replacing lock washers and plastic inserts.
The adhesive is a single component anaerobic, medium strength Thixotropic, Acrylic based Threadlocker.
This acrylic based threadlocker cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents leakage and loosening from vibration and shock.
Ideal for use on
A2243 is particularly suitable for uses on less active substrates such as plated surfaces and stainless steel, where disassembly is required with hand tools.
This makes it ideal for being used on:
- Threaded fasteners which may require disassembly with standard hand tools
- Gearbox bolts / driveshafts
- Bearing cover cap screws
- Counter sunk screws
- Conveyor roller bolts
- Construction equipment
- Similar materials
Nutlock A2243 is also known as:
- Thread-locking fluid
- Thread-locking adhesive
- Nut Lock Oil Tolerant
- Oil tolerant nutlock
- Medium strength nutlock
- Threaded nut lock
- Vibration proof adhesive
- Vibration proof nut lock
How to use this adhesive?
Using Nutlock A2243 is easy. The product is colour coded blue and once cured, will seal and vibration-proof the assembly, giving controlled break loose and prevailing torques. Using conventional tools you can dissemble parts. When force is applied, the parts break loose (first movement) but it will take several turns before the cured film will stop resisting the turning action, thus ensuring against component disassembly.
Controlled torque tension, which is easily removed with conventional tools.
Effective to be used on all industrial metals.
|Fluorescence||Positive under UV|
|Fixture Time||10-15 mins|
|Operating Temperature||-54°C to 150°C|
|Viscosity||1200 to 3000cP|
|Specific Gravity (25°C)||1.08|
(After 24hr at 20-25°C on M10 steel nuts and bolts)
|-54°C to 150°C|
|Breakaway torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||20Nm|
|Prevail torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||7Nm|
Directions for use
- For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease (internal and external)
- If the material is an inactive metal consider using activator
- Shake the product thoroughly before use
- Apply several drops to the bolt and nut
- Assemble and tighten as required
- To prevent the clogging of the nozzle, do not let the tip touch the metal surface during application
- Remove with standard hand tools
- In circumstances where hand tools do not work, use localized heat to bolt or nut, disassemble while hot
To remove cured product use a combination of solvent and abrasion such as a wire brush.
- Use with proper ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes
- If contact with skin occurs, rinse with warm water or dissolve gradually with appropriate debonder
- Do not try to remove forcibly
- If adhesive gets into eye, keep eye open and rinse thoroughly. Seek medical attention immediately
- Keep well out of reach of children
- This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be use with chlorine or other strong oxidising materials
- Where washing systems are used to clean the surfaces before bonding, it is important to check the compatibility of the washing solution with the adhesive. In some cases these solutions can affect the cure and performance of the adhesive
- This product is not recommended for use on certain plastics
Nutlock Thread-locking Adhesive price
If you buy this adhesive liquid in bulk it can cost from only £3.62 / bottle.
Not sure if this Nutlock Thread-locking Liquid is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.