This clear Acrylic Adhesive WC102 is fast acting, clear and specifically formulated to bond acrylic to itself and other substrates.
WC102 is widely used in the Point of Sale and Sign Industries. As it is very thin it will “wick” into cracks and into pre-mated “L” and “T” sections when creating boxes or displays. Its main uses (or alternative names) include:
- POS, Point of Sale applications
- Sign manufacture
- Packaging and carton adhesive
- Acrylic panel adhesive
- Box manufacture
- Acrylic to acrylic adhesive
- Acrylic weld cement
- Acrylic adhesive
- Acrylic contact adhesive
- Caravan window repair glue
- Acrylic repair glue or acrylic adhesive
- Cracked acrylic repair glue
- Acrylic glue
- Point of sale glue
- Point of sale display adhesive
- Plastic display glue
- Plastic display adhesive
- Plastic sign glue
- Perspex glue
- Perspex adhesive
- PVC glue
- PVC adhesive
This acrylic adhesive will evaporate very quickly and should leave no residue.
Ideal for use with
It is ideal for use with a syringe or fine dosing tip.
This adhesive has the following properties:
- Very Low Viscosity
- Fast Curing
This adhesive comes in several variations, these being:
- 500ml Acrylic Adhesive – WC102
- 1 Litre Acrylic Adhesive – WC102
Adhesive technical information
|Polymer Base||Methylene Chloride|
|Viscosity CPS||Water like|
|Coverage||6-8 m2 / litre approx.|
|Dilution Solvent||Not recommended|
Customer asked questions
Question: Do you have a product that will stick Perspex-type materials used in shop windows?
Answer: As with all jobs, it depends on what you are sticking it to. If you are sticking PMMA (of which one brand is Perspex) to itself, then we recommend either Acrylic Adhesive – WC102, Acrylic Adhesive – WC105 .
Each has a different application method as described on our website, and we are happy to talk through this with you if you are unsure. If you are bonding to different substrates then we need to know what they are to suggest the best product
How to use this adhesive
Note: Before bonding your materials, we recommend a preliminary compatibility test.
- Supplied ready for use, it is best applied by brush, bottle or syringe with a suitable dosing tip.
- All surfaces to be adhered must be dry and free from grease. Degrease with a suitable degreaser.
- The adhesive is normally “wicked” into the joint. Ideally, a pressure of 80 kilos per square metre should be applied over the bonded area.
- Care should be taken to avoid excess adhesive outside the bonding area. The adhesive is very aggressive so any excess could cause smearing on the acrylic and should be soaked up with tissue or similar and not wiped. Wiping could result in smearing the surface of the acrylic quite badly.
- Large face-to-face surfaces will be a problem as the solvent has to evaporate. Too large an area may result in the adhesive inside the joint gradually eating into the substrate as it cannot evaporate.
- WC102 supplied in metal containers has a shelf life of 1 year if stored correctly.
- Store between 5°C and 25°C.
Acrylic Adhesive price
If you buy this adhesive in bulk we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this Acrylic Adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements, please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.