Contact adhesive for rubber Kit C5004 is a two-part, solvent-based adhesive formulated on polychloroprene rubber. It is used as a two-component, high-performance adhesive system for a wide range of industrial applications, to provide an excellent water-resistant bond.
This makes it particularly suitable for the fabrication of inflatable products such as boats, wet / dry suits, marine fenders and is also an ideal contact adhesive for use in bonding rubber linings in storage tanks.
To aid in application we also offer a brush lid for the 250ml tin.
Bonding flexible rubbers
This Contact Rubber Adhesive Kit is designed for bonding flexible rubbers used in the marine and leisure industries.
Brushable contact adhesive
This contact adhesive can be applied by a brush, roller, or spreader.
C5004 rubber contact adhesive will bond or is ideal for / as:
- Polyurethane rubber materials
- Rigid PVC
- Forming water-resistant bonds
- Inflatable products
- Wet / dry suits
- Marine fenders
- Bonding rubber linings in storage tanks
- Rubber to wood
C5004 rubber contact adhesive offers the user many benefits and some of these include:
- Exhibits high-strength bonds between a wide range of materials
- Bonds all types of rubbers
- Excellent resistance to heat, saltwater and humidity
- Easy to mix
- Two-component system – supplied in kit-form with the requisite amount of curing agent
- Easy to apply by brush, roller or serrated trowel
- Contact bonds can be made within 10-15 minutes (full cure)
This adhesive is typical called or known as:
- Contact Adhesive
- Contact adhesive glue
- Evo stick contact adhesive
- Contact adhesive evo stick
- Contact adhesive spray
- Rubber contact adhesive
- Boat contact adhesive
- Water resistant contact adhesive
- Metal contact adhesive
- Marine contact adhesive
This Rubber contact adhesive can be purchased in several sizes to suit any size project. These include:
- 250ml Kit
- 500ml Kit
- 1 Litre Kit
If you require a 5 Litre kit please call our office on 01509 815550 as this is not available through the website.
Contact Adhesive for Rubber Coverage Information
This rubber contact adhesive will approximately cover a 4m2 area per litre; but, it can vary with material being bonded (2m2 bonded area).
It normally takes 48 hours under normal ambient temperature conditions for this adhesive to fully cure; however, the strength of the adhesive bond continues to increase, reaching its maximum strength within 6 days. Cure-rate may be accelerated by heating, e.g. 2 hours at approximately 70°C.
This adhesive should be stored unopened in a dry condition at a temperature of 5°C – 25°C. This will ensure the stated shelf-life. The adhesive will have a limited life once the container is opened.
Is this contact adhesive good for rubber?
Yes, this contact adhesive is particularly good at bonding rubber as it has a similar base and similar materials create a better bond.
The solvent blend within this contact adhesive attacks the top layer of the rubber, diffusing the polymer chain and fusing it with the polymer chain within the adhesive itself.
So similar polymer chains create better bonds. Different contact adhesives have different resin qualities and solvent blends which means that they can be more tailored to specific types of rubber.
Is this a strong contact adhesive?
This contact adhesive has a Polychloroprene base which makes it particularly good at bonding natural, polychloroprene, butyl, nitrile and polyurethane rubber materials and also rigid PVC.
The additive it comes with increases the heat resistance of the final bond making it suitable for use on conveyor belts as the final bond it is so hard wearing.
Adhesive information – Physical Properties – Component A
|Solids Content||19% – 23% approx.|
|Viscosity||1700-2300 cps (20°C)|
Adhesive information – Physical Properties – Component B
|Base||Isocyanate solution (MDI)|
|Solids Content||18% – 22% approx.|
Physical Properties – Mixed Adhesive
|Shelf life||6 months (25°C)|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +110°C|
Directions for Use
- As of 24 August 2023, training is required for professional and industrial users of polyurethane adhesives and sealant products within the EU and UK. The training is all online via a PU Training platform which can be accessed via www.safeusediisocyanates.eu
- Ensure that the surfaces to be bonded are clean and grease-free by abrading them with clean emery cloth, or by using C1020 to remove surface contamination.
- Mix together thoroughly, for approximately 5 minutes, C5004 Component A, preferably in the proportions as supplied, or by taking (by weight) 100:6 ratio (A:B).
- Apply an even coat of the mixed adhesive to both mating surfaces, either by brush or serrated trowel.
- Allow the adhesive coats to dry for 5-15 minutes or until they can just be touched with the knuckles without any adhesive being transferred. Note: Two thin coats are preferable for maximum adhesion. The first coat should be allowed to dry for approximately 20-30 minutes before applying the final coat and allowing this to dry for 5-15 minutes.
- Join the surfaces, taking care not to trap any air, using as much pressure as possible. Components may be handled within minutes of being bonded.
Contact Rubber Adhesive Kit Price
If you buy this contact adhesive in bulk we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this Rubber Contact Adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.