This PETG / acrylic adhesive is a fast-curing, clear cement, specifically formulated to bond PETG and acrylic to itself and other substrates.
250ml Kit comprises of
The PETG adhesive kit comprises of 250ml of adhesive in a tin along with an empty bottle and a dosing tip for ease of application.
How to apply this adhesive
All PETG / acrylic surfaces to be adhered must be dry and free from grease. Degrease with a suitable degreaser. If the adhesive is “wicked” into the joint, a slight forward and backwards motion until the adhesive “bites” will speed up the cure. Ideally, a pressure of 80 kilos per square metre should be applied over the bonded area.
Low viscosity & fast curing
This acrylic adhesive has low viscosity and fast curing properties.
This adhesive comes in several variations.
- 250ML PETG / Acrylic Adhesive Kit – WC123
- 500ML PETG / Acrylic Adhesive – WC123
- 1 Litre PETG / Acrylic Adhesive – WC123
Bonding PETG Plastic
PETG (Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol) is commonly used to manufacture clear plastic products. WC123 adhesive can bond PETG parts, ensuring a strong and clear connection.
Medical Equipment Fabrication
PETG is often used for medical device components in the medical field. WC123 adhesive can be used to bond these components together securely.
Point of Sale Displays
PETG is frequently used in point-of-sale displays. The WC123 adhesive can help assemble these displays quickly and securely.
Automotive Interior Components
Some automotive interior components are made from PETG, such as clear lenses and trim. WC123 adhesive can be used to bond these components during manufacturing.
When creating clear or translucent enclosures for electronic devices, PETG is a popular choice. WC123 adhesive ensures a strong bond for these enclosures.
Architectural Model Making
Architects and designers often use PETG to create scale building models. WC123 adhesive helps assemble these models neatly and securely.
Exhibition Booth Construction
PETG is used in constructing exhibition booths and displays. WC123 adhesive can join PETG panels and parts in such constructions.
In aerospace applications, PETG is used for certain components like windows. WC123 adhesive can be used to bond these components.
Craft and DIY Projects
PETG is also used in various craft and DIY projects. WC123 adhesive can be handy for bonding PETG in creative and functional applications.
|Dilution Solvent||Not recommended|
|Bonds||PETG and Acrylic|
|Coverage||6-8 m2 / litre approx.|
Directions for Use
- Supplied ready for use, it is best applied by brush, bottle or syringe with a suitable dosing tip.
- All surfaces to be adhered must be dry and free from grease. Degrease with a suitable degreaser.
- The adhesive is normally “wicked” into the joint. Ideally, a pressure of 80 kilos per square metre should be applied over the bonded area.
- Care should be taken to avoid excess cement outside the bonding area. The cement is very aggressive so any excess could cause smearing on the PETG / acrylic and should be soaked up with tissue or similar and not wiped. Wiping could result in smearing the surface of the PETG / acrylic quite badly.
- Large face-to-face surfaces will be a problem as the solvent has to evaporate. Too large an area may result in the adhesive inside the joint gradually eating into the substrate as it cannot evaporate.
- WC123 supplied in metal containers has a shelf life of 1 year if stored correctly.
- Store between 5°C and 25°C.
PETG/ Acrylic Adhesive price
If you buy this PETG/ Acrylic Adhesive in bulk, we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this PETG/ Acrylic Adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements, please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.