Toughened Acrylic Adhesive S1500 is a two-component, pink and green, structural methacrylate adhesive, designed for the bonding of high strength metal and composite applications. It is suitable for bonding: Aluminium, Stainless Steel, carbon fibre, GRP wood and glass. It is particularly suitable for model railway kits especially for the attachment of fine detailing, and between metal and plastic.
S1500 has been formulated from innovative technology, including a revolutionary adhesion system. This unique system enables the S1500 to achieve the ultimate balance of mechanical strength and impact resistance whilst still remaining both simple and quick to use.
Toughened Acrylic Adhesive S1500 is very versatile and can bond a wide variety of substrates without the need for surface primers or conditioners. It is suitable for bonding:
- Aluminium & stainless steel lettering in the sign manufacturing industry
- Metal fasteners to aluminium and moulded composite parts
- Carbon fibre body panels
- GRP in the marine industry
- Dissimilar metals for trailer fabrication
- Carbon fibre
- Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) wood
- Suitable for use as a model railway kit
- Acrylic to metal adhesive
- Acrylic to glass adhesive
- Similar applications
Properties of Uncured Material
|Pre Mixed Colours||Pink and green|
|Work Life||2 – 3 minutes|
|Handling Strength||4 – 5 Minutes @ 20°C|
Properties of Cured Material
|ASTM D1002 Lap shear||Up to 25 Nmm2|
|ASTM D638 Tensile Strength||Up to 25 Nmm2|
|Temperature Range||-55°C to 125°C|
Directions for Use
- Always consult MSDS before using S1500 for the first time
- Carry out surface preparation where required
- Remove cap, and attach mixer nozzle
- Dispense sufficient adhesive to ensure equal mix
- Apply adhesive to one surface and assemble components carefully, clamping if required
- It is always easier to remove any excess adhesive prior to cure using a suitable cleaner
- Allow the adhesive sufficient time to achieve handling strength before moving or unclamping components
Toughened Acrylic Adhesive cost?
This Toughened Acrylic Adhesive can be bought in bulk at a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this structural adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.