Studlock A2270 is designed for the sealing and locking of threaded fasteners including heavy duty applications, such as nuts onto studs in pump housings and studs into motor housings. It is also used on other fasteners where maximum strength is required.
Studlock A2270 is a single component anaerobic, high strength, acrylic based threadlocker.
This adhesive cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces and prevents leakage and loosening from vibration and shock.
Variations of this adhesive
This adhesive comes in a few versions, these being:
This thread seal adhesive is widely used in sealing threaded connections against:
- Leaded petrol
- Brake fluid
- Most common materials conveyed by pipes
Adhesive technical information
|Fluorescence||Positive under UV|
|Specific Gravity (25°C)||1.10|
|Fixture Time||15 mins|
|Operating Temperature||-54°C to 150°C|
Typical performance of cured material
(After 24hr at 20°C-25°C on M10 steel nuts and bolts)
|-54°C to 150°C|
|Breakaway torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||26 Nm|
|Prevail torque M10 steel bolts and nuts ISO 10964||36 Nm|
Directions for use
- For optimum performance surfaces should be clean and free of grease (internal and external)
- If the material is an inactive metal consider using activator
- Shake the product thoroughly before use
- Apply several drops to the bolt and nut
- Assemble and tighten as required
- To prevent the clogging of the nozzle, do not let the tip touch metal surface during application.
Use localized heat to bolt or nut, disassemble while hot.
To remove cured product use a combination of solvent and abrasion such as a wire brush.
- Use with proper ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes
- If contact with skin occurs, rinse with warm water or dissolve gradually with appropriate debonder
- Do not try to remove forcibly
- If adhesive gets into eye, keep eye open and rinse thoroughly. Seek medical attention immediately
- Keep well out of reach of children
- This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be use with chlorine or other strong oxidising materials
- Where washing systems are used to clean the surfaces before bonding, it is important to check the compatibility of the washing solution with the adhesive. In some cases these solutions can affect the cure and performance of the adhesive
- This product is not recommended for use on certain plastics
Studlock Adhesive price
If you buy this Studlock Adhesive in bulk it can cost from only £3.62 / bottle.
Not sure if this Studlock is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.