This delamination Acrylic Repair Adhesive is particularly suited to the repair of delaminated caravan, motorhome or boat acrylic / polyplastic windows.
This delamination adhesive is a clear, medium viscosity and specifically formulated for acrylic sheet and components. It is a ready-mixed, colourless, solvent-based adhesive, and consists of an acrylic polymer and methyl methacrylate monomer dissolved in solvents.
WC105 then hardens as the solvent is absorbed or evaporates, depositing polymer in the joint. In addition, the solvent softens the surfaces being joined so that they fuse, hardening as the solvent migrates into the body of the substrate.
WC105 is a versatile, single-part adhesive suitable for (or known as):
- Repair of delaminated caravan windows
- Joining items made from ‘Diakon’ acrylic polymers
- Acrylic sheet adhesive
- Joining items made from cast acrylic (Perspex)
- Caravan stress crack repair adhesive
- Caravan window bonding glue
- Window delamination adhesive
- Caravan window adhesive
- Acrylic glue for window repair
- Glue for caravan windows
- Acrylic panel adhesive
- Caravan window delamination repair kit
- Caravan window bonding glue
- Caravan window repairs
- Polyplastic window repair
- Motorhome window repair
- Motorhome window delamination repair
- Glue for motorhome windows
- Narrow boat window repair adhesive
- Narrow boat window bonding glue
Reduces rapid drying problems
The adhesive has been specially developed to reduce the problems of rapid drying and ‘skinning’, which is common with solvent-based adhesives.
This window repair adhesive comes in two sizes:
- 50ml WC105
- 250ml WC105 which is supplied with a small empty bottle to decant into.
If you are only completing a small repair, please order the 50ml bottle (which comes with a nozzle as part of the bottle). The 50ml bottle should provide a bead 4-5mm wide 3m long. This 5mm will spread across approximately the 15mm flange between the panels.
PLEASE NOTE: WC105 purchased in this small 50ml bottle has a shelf life of 3-4 weeks and should be used in this time frame, as it can evaporate through the bottle. For this reason, please do not purchase this to use in several months time.
This adhesive has the following benefits:
- Medium Viscosity
- Medium Curing Speed
- Allows some repositioning
Not ideal to be used with
WC105 Acrylic Repair Adhesive cannot be used with Perspex ME, Perspex SW or Perspex AG grades.
|Polymer Base||Methyl Methacrylate|
|Viscosity||600 mPas approx|
|Specific Gravity||1.2 approx|
|Bond Length||3m-5m per 50ml|
|Shelf Life||3-4 weeks (50ml bottle only)|
When using this Acrylic Repair Adhesive the first time please test the flow and get used to its speed by running fine beads along a test surface such as glass or metal.
DO NOT WIPE any excess over the surface of the acrylic window as this will smear the surface and leave an unsightly smudge. Kitchen paper can be used to carefully absorb any excess.
We have received a small number of reports that this adhesive has distorted the dotting pattern that is found in some caravan windows. Therefore we recommend that caution is exercised if your window has this pattern. If you do not feel that you could live with any distortion please do not use this adhesive.
Customer asked questions
Question: When I take the top off the bottle, there isn’t a nozzle. Have you forgotten to send me something?
Answer: The lid of the bottle has a nozzle included. You need to twist the tip off to reveal the nozzle.
Directions For Use
- The window should either be removed and laid flat or put into a horizontal position to avoid the adhesive running down the window.
- Gently apply the adhesive along the centre of the delamination with a bead not exceeding 5mm wide as this will spread across approximately 15mm.
- If you prefer, level the bead by spreading between the delamination to fully coat the joint.
- Check the coating has no gaps that may allow moisture through and thus prevent sealing properly.
- Make sure both panels touch everywhere to avoid gaps. The panels can be lightly clamped using clothes pegs or spring clamps but not heavy duty clamps as this has been known to cause a spiderwebbing effect.
- Leave for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight, before re-fitting into the frame.
- In extreme heat conditions it is beneficial to refrigerate the adhesive for at least 12 hours before use. A domestic refrigerator is suitable (temperature 5°C – 10°C). If this is not possible, an alternative is to cool the adhesive containers in cold water, although this is less effective.
- NB: Always re-cap the bottle immediately after use.
- The gap-filling properties of the adhesive are limited which means that mating surfaces must be machined to close tolerances.
- The solvent in WC105 may cause soluble colourants to migrate from one piece of cast acrylic (or other plastic being used) to the next. If colour is important, check for any migration by making a small test joint.
- Unopened containers do not need to be stored in a refrigerator.
- Always replace the lid of the container immediately after use to prevent evaporation of the solvent.
- THIS ADHESIVE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR STRUCTURAL APPLICATIONS ON AIRCRAFT.
Caravan Window Repair Adhesive price
If you buy this Delamination Acrylic Adhesive in bulk we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this Caravan Window Bonding Glue is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.