Caravan Panel Repair Adhesive Kit A5045 is a 7.5kg kit of a Thixotropic paste, no-drip, two-part adhesive specifically designed for the repair of external and internal caravan panels where the aluminium sheet has become delaminated or where accidental damage has occurred.
The panel repair adhesive cures to form a hard, tough, resilient bond which is resistant to water, solvents and heat. The adhesive can also be used for bonding metals, plastics and building surfaces such as concrete, asbestos board etc. It has found use as a body-filler and for repairing damaged concrete.
This caravan panel repair adhesive is ideal for use on:
- Paper & board
- Other porous and non-porous materials
|Appearance||Component A: Cream|
Component B: Brown
|Temperature resistance||-30°C to 90°C|
|Coverage||4m2 / Litre (at 0.25mm)|
|Application temperature||5°C to 25°C|
|Viscosity||Component A: Thrixopic paste|
Component B: Thin liquid
|Shelf life||3 months (25°C)|
Customer asked questions
Question: I am building a teardrop caravan with plywood. I would like to attach Lamilux Super 1000 extra gelcoat panels to the sides with glue.
What product or method do you recommend?
Answer:The A5045 2 Part PU Kit (this adhesive kit) would be suited to the panelling you mention (Gelcoat), but it would be advisable to yourself to try to ascertain from your supplier if the product you are to use has been through a Corona treatment application before you attempt to bond.
The panelling has a low surface energy & this method of treatment enables a better level of adhesion with any adhesive application giving better bonding results.
Caravan Panel Repair Adhesive A5045 is supplied in a 7.5kg kit consisting of:
- 1 x 5 litre pail containing 6.3kg of Part A adhesive
- 1 x Conical can containing 1.2kg of Part B curing agent
How To Apply this adhesive kit
All you need is the kit as supplied and your preferred method of application, such as a trowel or spatula. You’ll need to mix the amounts as provided below, then apply to the required area.
- By weight: 5.25 parts of adhesive A to 1 part of agent B
Place fresh or refurbished aluminium sheet in position and hold there using a press, or clamps and battens for at least 6 hours (extremely cold conditions may extend cure time considerably).
The adhesive will then have set-up sufficiently to hold the panel in position, but full cure will require up to 24 hours. Do not mix more adhesive than is required for the area to be bonded. The pot life of a 100 gram mix is 90 minutes, but a 1 litre mix will thicken in considerably less time (about 45 minutes).
Surface preparation / priming
- Remove the damaged aluminium facing
- Ensure that both surfaces are clean, dry and free from dust and contamination
- As of 24 August 2023, training is required for professional and industrial users of polyurethane adhesives and sealant products within the EU and UK. The training is all online via a PU Training platform which can be accessed via www.safeusediisocyanates.eu
- Mix Component A (Base) with Component B (Curing Agent) at 5.25:1 ratio (A:B) by weight. Apply the mixed adhesive to the core by means of a scraper or notched trowel
- Place fresh or refurbished aluminium sheet in position and hold using a press, or clamps and battens for at least 6 hours (extremely cold conditions may extend cure time considerably)
- The adhesive will then have set-up sufficiently to hold the panel in position, but full cure will require up to 24 hours. Do not mix more adhesive than is required for the area to be bonded. The pot life of a 100 gram mix is 90 minutes, but a 1 litre mix will thicken in considerably less time (about 45 minutes). The adhesive has sufficient consistency to be mixed on a board rather than in a container. The product is supplied in 7.5 kilogram kits consisting of a 5 litre poly-pail of Component A (containing 6.3 kilo), and a conical can of Component B (containing 1.2 kilo).
Caravan Panel Repair adhesive price
If you buy this adhesive panel repair kit in bulk we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this caravan panel repair kit is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this repair kit is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.