Sprayable Foam Contact Adhesive A8530 has been developed specifically for use in the upholstery and furniture industry. It is a low-pressure non-flammable sprayable contact adhesive.
This adhesive offers you many benefits, some of which include:
- Ideal for creating furniture and upholstery items
- Minimises production time
- Suitable for machine and manual application
- Extremely economical
- No mixing
- Single component
- One way stick
- 1 – 30 minute tack life
Ideal for creating furniture and upholstery items: strong, yet soft bond lines
Apollo Foam adhesive (A8530) is ideal for use in the upholstery and furniture industry. It securely bonds flexible and soft foam (polyurethane) to itself, as well as a wide range of other materials, including wood, plastics and most metals. Bonds are durable with excellent heat-resistance.
Apollo Foam (A8530) also creates a soft bond line, which helps to simplify the cutting process during manufacturing and ensures a great finished product.
Minimises production time: sprayable contact adhesive with aggressive tack and green-strength
The Apollo Foam Adhesive (A8530) has been developed with fast curing in mind. It is a single-component adhesive that requires no mixing and is rapidly applied to substrates by spraying. Apollo Foam (A8530) also permits the quick handling of bonded substrates because it develops aggressive tack and green-strength within one minute.
Suitable for machine and manual application: long open tack-time
There is no need to invest in machinery in order to use Apollo Foam adhesive.
It is suitable for use with a range of equipment, but also will give an excellent coverage when sprayed by hand.
This adhesive also has a long open tack-time – of up to 30 minutes – which gives you the flexibility to allow for unforeseeable delays. Consequently, this adhesive is particularly suited to manual applications.
Extremely economical: sprayable high-solid adhesive
Apollo Foam adhesive is an extremely economical adhesive. It has a high solid content in comparison to similar products. The method of spraying also ensures excellent coverage and reduces wastage, which keeps the amount of adhesive required to a minimum
How to use this spray adhesive
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease and other contaminants. Metal surfaces in particular should be grease free and cut foam should not be contaminated with silicone lubricants from the cutting operation.
- Apollo Foam (A8530) may be sprayed by hand or sprayed through most equipment, but for best results we recommend a DeVilbiss JGV-562 gun fitted with an FX fluid tip/needle and a 777 air-cap. A material pressure of 20-30 psi and an atomising pressure of 40-60 psi is required
- Apply Apollo Foam (A8530) to both surfaces of the glue line. The amount required will depend on the porosity of the substrates (usually the less porous is sprayed), but is normally in the range of 20-40g (dry) per square metre
- The surfaces can be joined immediately or up to 30 minutes of the adhesive being sprayed (depending on atmospheric conditions)
- Apply pressure via nip rollers or a short period in a platen or other type of press.
Apollo Foam adhesive (A8530) comes supplied in a 20 litre plastic poly bottle.
|Application Temperature||5°C – 30°C|
|Storage Temperature||5°C – 25°C|
|Temperature Resistance||-30 – +70°C|
|Coverage||20m2 / litre|
|Tack-life (20°C)||1-30 minutes|
Not sure if this Sprayable Foam Adhesive adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.