Apollo Foam (A7153) is a Sprayable Foam and Plastic Adhesive that has has been developed specifically for the efficient manufacture of foam products, including sport safety items and interior car trims. It is a single-component non-flammable sprayable moisture-curing polyurethane ‘contact type’ adhesive (1K MCPU Contact).
This foam adhesive offers you many benefits. These include:
- Ideal for a range of foam applications
- Extremely economical
- Minimises production time
- Minimises investment requirements
- Safety credentials
- No mixing
- Single component
- One way stick
- 1 minute tack life
Ideal for a wide range of foam applications: securely bonds foam to a wide range of plastics
Apollo Foam (A7153) is a multipurpose adhesive suitable for many foam applications. It securely bonds foam to a wide range of plastics, including both plasticised and unplasticised PVC (uPVC). The strength of the bond created by Apollo Foam (A7153) is comparable to that of a contact adhesive.
It is also resistant to temperatures between -30°C – 150°C once fully cured.
Extremely economical: sprayable one-way stick high-solid adhesive
One of the key benefits of Apollo Foam (A7153) is that it has an economical usage rate. This is due to its high solid content and one-way stick application. Spraying ensures excellent coverage and reduces wastage of the product, whilst its one-way stick application keeps the amount of adhesive you need to a minimum.
Minimises production time: single-component MCPU with aggressive tack and green-strength
Apollo Foam adhesive (A7153) has been developed with this in mind. It is a single-component MCPU that requires no mixing and is applied to substrates with a spraygun. Apollo Foam (A7153) also permits the quick handling of bonded substrates because it develops aggressive tack and green-strength within a minute.
It also only takes 24 hours for Apollo Foam (A7153) to achieve full strength.
Minimises investment requirements: machine or hand-sprayable
There is no need to invest in machinery should you not wish to in order to use this sprayable Foam adhesive. It is suitable for use with a range of machinery / equipment, but will also give an excellent coverage rate when sprayed by hand.
Safety credentials: non-flammable solvent
Safety credentials are becoming increasingly important in all industries.
Apollo (A7153) is a non-flammable solvent, which allows safe storage onsite.
How do you use this spray adhesive?
- As of 24 August 2023, training is required for professional and industrial users of polyurethane adhesives and sealant products within the EU and UK. The training is all online via a PU Training platform which can be accessed via www.safeusediisocyanates.eu
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease and other contaminants. Metal surfaces in particular should be grease free and flexible foams should not be contaminated with silicone lubricants from the cutting operation.
- Apollo Foam (A7153) may be sprayed by hand or sprayed through most equipment, but for best results we recommend a DeVilbiss JGV-562 gun fitted with an FX fluid tip/needle and a 777 air-cap. An atomising pressure of 40-80 psi and a fluid pressure of 20-40 psi is required.
- Apply Apollo Foam (A7153) to one surface of the glue line. The amount required will depend on the porosity of the substrates (usually the less porous is sprayed), but is normally in the range of 25-50g (dry) per square metre.
- The surfaces should be joined within one minute of the adhesive being sprayed (depending on atmospheric conditions) and pressure applied via nip rollers or a short period in a platen or other type of press. NB One of the substrates to be bonded must be porous / permeable.
How does this spray adhesive come packed?
This spray adhesive comes supplied in a 20 litre plastic poly bottle. At Bondrite we are able to supply this adhesive in varying sizes so if you don’t need 20 litres give us a call as we can accomodate sizes from 500ml upwards.
|Application Temperature||5°C – 30°C|
|Temperature Resistance||-30°C – 150°C|
|Coverage||10m2 / litre|
|Tack-life (20°C)||1 minute|
|Storage||5°C – 25°C|
Not sure if this Sprayable Foam and Plastic Adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.