Apollo Two-Component Polychloroprene Adhesive - A3480 A/B is a two-component, solvent-based adhesive formulated on polychloroprene rubber. It is used as a two- component, high- performance adhesive system for a wide range of industrial applications.
Apollo Two-Component Polychloroprene Adhesive - A3480 A/B will bond natural, polychloroprene, butyl, nitrile and polyurethane rubber materials and also rigid PVC, wood and leather. It is particularly suitable for the fabrication of inflatable products such as boats, wet/dry suits, marine fenders and is also ideal for use in bonding rubber linings in storage tanks. Apollo (A3480) is not suitable for PVC.
- Exhibits high-strength bonds between a wide range of materials, including all types of rubbers;
- Excellent resistance to heat, saltwater and humidity;
- Easy to mix, two-component system - supplied in kit-form with the requisite amount of curing agent;
- Easy to apply by brush, roller or serrated trowel;
- Contact bonds can be made within 10-15 minutes (full cure);
- Mixed adhesive has a pot life of 4-6 hours.
|Solids Content||19-23% approx.|
|Viscosity||1700-2300 cps (20°C)|
|Base||Isocyanate solution (MDI)|
|Solids Content||18-22% approx.|
Approximately 4m2 per litre but can vary with material being bonded (2m2 bonded area).
48 hours under normal ambient temperature conditions but the strength of the adhesive bond continues to increase, reaching its maximum within 6 days. Cure-rate may be accelerated by heating, e.g. 2 hours at approximately 70°C.