Brushable Wood Adhesive A26 is a brushable contact adhesive suitable for a range of internal and external applications. It is used extensively by both the professional and DIY hobbyist for general purposes, including shop fitting, kitchen fitting and general repairs.
This adhesive is extensively used by the:
- Professional for general purposes
- Shop fitting
- Kitchen fitting
- General repairs
This adhesives benefits include:
- Extremely versatile
- Perfect for manual applications
- Minimises cost and waste
Extremely versatile: excellent heat-resistant adhesion to a wide range of substrates
Apollo Joinery (A26) is ideal for bonding decorative laminates to wood composites due to its excellent heat-resistant adhesion properties. It will bond all grades of timber and most plastics. Apollo Joinery (A26) is also suitable for use with hard furnishings, cotton-backed vinyl and most metals.
Perfect for manual applications: high initial bond-strength and long open tack-time
The high initial bond-strength of Apollo Joinery (A26) allows the immediate handling of joined substrates, whilst its long open tack-time of up to 20 minutes gives the flexibility you need to allow for unforeseeable delays. This makes Apollo Joinery (A26) perfect for manual applications.
Minimises costs and waste: brushable contact adhesive with a high viscosity
There is no need for expensive specialist equipment to apply Apollo Joinery (A26).
It is quickly and easily applied with a brush. This helps to minimise costs. Apollo Joinery (A26) also has a high viscosity, which ensures a mess-free/waste-free/ non-drip application.
Instructions for use:
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease and other contaminants
- Condition materials to be bonded in the bonding environment overnight
- Stir Apollo Joinery (A26) before use
- Apply a thin even coat of adhesive to the surfaces of both substrates using a short stiff brush
- Align the panel edges and bond under maximum pressure as soon as the surfaces become ‘touch dry’ (adhesive is glossy and no longer transfers to the knuckles)
- Laminates should be nip-rolled or platen-pressed for best results. If this is not possible, use a hard roller and go over the entire working surface with as much bodyweight as possible. Seams and edges should always receive extra pressure. If possible, sandwich the panel edge between wooden battens and use G-clamps
|Application Temperature||5°C – 30°C|
|Temperature Resistance||-30°C – 90°C|
|Coverage||3m2 – 4m2 per litre|
|Tack-life (20°C)||5 – 20 minutes|
|Storage||5°C – 25°C|
Not sure if this Brushable Wood Adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.