Apollo Joinery (A9331) is a Solvent-free Wood Adhesive (1K MCPU) which is suitable for a wide range of internal and external wood applications. It is a solvent-free single component moisture-curing polyurethane (1K MCPU) adhesive.
This adhesive offers both the professional and DIY hobbyist user many benefits. These include:
- Ideal for large horizontal areas
- Reduces storage requirements
- Peace of mind
- Disguises a multitude of sins
- Green credentials
- No mixing required
- Weatherproof Bond
- Single component
- 100% solvent free
- One way stick
- Gap filling
- Waterproof to EN 204 D4
- 30 minute cure time
Ideal for large horizontal areas: economical coverage rate and simple application
Apollo Joinery (A9331) is ideal for large horizontal areas, both onsite or in the workshop due to its extremely economical coverage rate. It comes supplied in a plastic poly bottle, which makes application to such areas quick and simple.
Reduces the number of adhesives you need to store and bonds wood to a wide range of substrates
At Apollo, we understand that you want to be able to use one adhesive for several jobs. Apollo Joinery (A9331) is a multipurpose adhesive, which reduces the number of adhesives you need to store. It securely bonds wood to a wide range of substrates, including all types of timber, even engineered timber, laminates and most metals.
Peace of mind: fully waterproof to EN 204 D4 and has excellent weathering and aging properties
You need total confidence that the adhesive you are using can withstand extreme environmental conditions. Apollo Joinery (A9331) creates a high-strength permanent bond within 30 minutes, with most materials and applications. It is fully waterproof to EN 204 D4 and has excellent weathering and aging properties. Apollo Joinery (A9331) is also resistant to chemicals and temperatures within the range of -30°C – 150°C.
Disguises a multitude of sins: gap-filling properties hide uneven joints
Most woodworkers will have experienced uneven joints and the problems that this can cause. Apollo Joinery (A9331) helps to reduce these problems because its gap-filling properties disguise a multitude of sins, including keeping uneven joints and imperfections hidden.
Green credentials: solvent-free
Green credentials are becoming increasingly important across all industries, and this trend is set to continue. Apollo Joinery (A9331) is solvent-free, which makes the product more pleasant to use and suitable for a wide range of projects.
How to use this adhesive
- As of 24 August 2023, training is required for professional and industrial users of polyurethane adhesives and sealant products within the EU and UK. The training is all online via a PU Training platform which can be accessed via www.safeusediisocyanates.eu
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease and other contaminants
- Using the poly bottle, apply Apollo Joinery (A9331) to one surface only. The amount of adhesive required will vary according to the porosity / smoothness of both substrates. Recommended coat-weight is 80g – 140g/m2
- Assemble the substrates and place under pressure within five minutes of adhesive application
- Maintain pressure until the adhesive is sufficiently cured to permit handling of the bonded item (30 minutes)
- It will take 24 hours for full cure to be achieved and handling within this period should be kept to a minimum
NB One of the substrates to be bonded must be porous / permeable.
|Application Temperature||5°C – 30°C|
|Temperature Resistance||-30°C – 150°C|
|Coverage||8-10m2 / litre|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Open-Time (20°C)||5 minutes|
|Cure-Time (20°C)||30 minutes / 24 hours for full cure|
|Storage temprature||5°C – 25°C|
Not sure if this Solvent-free Wood Adhesive is right for your requirements or if you would like to buy it?
If you are not sure if this Solvent-free Wood Adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements.