The Sprayable Wood Adhesive A3727 has been developed specifically for post-forming operations, including the manufacture of: counter tops, kitchen worktops, desks and similar items. It is a high-strength sprayable contact adhesive.
Benefits and features
This adhesive offers you many benefits. These include:
- No mixing required
- Weatherproof bond
- Single component
- Two way stick
- Ideal for post-forming
- Allows for flexibility in the manufacturing process
- Extremely economical and efficient
Ideal for post forming: hot bond-strength, heat-resistance and fast-drying
This Joinery adhesive (A3727) is ideal for the post forming of decorative laminates onto chipboard and MDF cores using a range of both static and continuous equipment.
This is due to its hot-bond strength, high heat-resistance and fast drying properties.
Its hot-bond strength and high green-strength also makes this Joinery adhesive perfect for the postforming of edge details.
Allows flexibility in the manufacturing process: high initial bond-strength and long open tack-life
In order to help to account for unforeseeable delays this Joinery adhesive has been developed with this in mind. Its high initial bond strength allows the immediate handling of materials without clamping, whilst its long open tack-life provides you with the flexibility you may need to account for unforeseen delays.
Extremely economical and efficient: excellent coverage from spraying and rapid application time
The very nature in which Apollo Joinery (A3727) is applied, i.e. spraying, is extremely economical. Spraying Apollo Joinery (A3727) allows an excellent coverage rate, with minimal mess or waste. It also enables a rapid application time, which helps to improve production efficiency.
Instructions for use:
- Surfaces to be bonded should be clean, dry and free from loose particles dust and grease
- Apollo (A3727) may be sprayed through most equipment, but for best results a ‘Devilbiss JGV-562’ gun fitted with FX fluid tip and needle, and a 777 air-cap is recommended. Atomising pressures of 50-80psi and fluid pressures of 10-30psi are required.
- Apply an even coat of adhesive to both surfaces to be bonded at a coat weight of 30-40 grams per square metre (dry). Allow a minimum of 2 minutes before mating surfaces
- Ensure intimate contact and coalescence of the adhesive films by passing the laminate through nip rollers or by platen pressing, using as much pressure as possible without crushing the components. Sustained pressure is not necessary. The high initial strength of the adhesive allows panels to be handled immediately.
Apollo (A3727) is normally tinted red for easy observation of coverage, but can be supplied in neutral or tinted in other colours, on request
- Store at temperatures above 5°C (40°F). Prolonged storage at lower temperatures may cause the formation of a ‘gel’, which will then necessitate re-processing
- In conditions of high humidity, a ‘bloom’ may form on the surface which reduces tack and coalescence. Bonds should not be made when this occurs.
Sprayable Wood Adhesive A3727 Technical Information
|Appearance||Neutral or tinted|
|Application Temperature||5°C – 20°C|
|Temperature Resistance||-30°C – 90°C|
|Coverage||8m2 – 10m2 per litre|
|Tack-life||2 – 20 minutes|
|Viscosity||200 CPS – 300 CPS @ 20°C|
|Storage||5°C – 25°C|
|Solids||16% – 20%|
Not sure if this Joinery Adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.