Mitre Bond Superglue B400 has been specially formulated to achieve the strongest possible bond between rough or irregular surfaces, on most metals, plastics or rubbers. It is ideal for mitre bonding providing rapid bonding of wooden components in conjunction with the B1001 cyanoacrylate activator.
Bottle size options
This Mitre Bond Superglue is available in the following sizes:
Produces a strong ultimate bond
Mitre Bond Superglue B400 is a one-component, solvent-free system and does not require the use of a catalyst, heat or clamps. When a thin layer of Mitre Bond is applied between two surfaces it comes into contact with atmospheric moisture and a rapid polymerization occurs producing the ultimate bond.
Adhesive known as / used for
This adhesive is known as and used for:
- Mitre glue
- Most metals
- Mitre bond adhesive
- Mitre bond glue
Directions for Use
- Make sure the surfaces to be bonded are clean and dry (preferable to solvent-wipe plastics, glass, and rubber, and to acid-treat metals).
- Dispense a drop or drops to one surface only. Apply only enough to leave a thin film after compression.
- Press parts together and hold firmly for a few seconds. Good contact is essential. An adequate bond develops in less than one minute. (Maximum strength is achieved in 24 to 48 hours).
- Wipe off excess adhesive from the top of the container and recap B400 if left uncapped, may deteriorate by contamination from moisture in the air.
- Because B400 polymerises on contact with moisture surfaces, sometimes whitening will occur on the surface of the container or the bonded materials. Should this happen, wipe surfaces well with debonder.
Properties of Uncured Material
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Viscosity (cP) @ 25°C||1000-1500|
|Working Temperature||-55°C to 80°C|
|Colour||Transparent, colourless to yellowish coloured liquid|
|Specific Gravity (20°C)||1.05|
|Refraction Index (n 20D)||1.439|
|Vapour Pressure (hPa)||<1|
Properties of Cured Material
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (K-1)||100 x 10-6|
|Coefficient of Thermal Conductivity (W/m.K)||0.10|
|Volume Resistivity (Ω.cm)||1 x 1016|
|Surface Resistivity (Ω)||1 x 1016|
|Dielectric Constant (at 10kHz)||2.30|
|Dielectric Dissipation Factor (at 10kHz)||<0.02|
|Dielectric Breakdown Strength (kV/mm)||25|
Cure speed of B400 for various materials
|Materials bonded||Time to achieve adequate bond (s)|
|Steel to steel||20-50|
|ABS to ABS||15-40|
|ABS to NBR||5-15|
|ABS to wood||5-10|
|NBR to NBR||5-10|
Mitre Bond Superglue price
If you buy this superglue in bulk we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this Mitre Bond Superglue is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.