MS Polymer Crystal Clear Sealant – also known as Fix All Crystal – is a high quality neutral, elastic, one-component construction joint and adhesive sealant based on SMX-Polymer.
Fix All Crystal sealant has many excellent characteristics, including:
- Excellent adhesion on nearly all surfaces, even if slightly moist
- Very good mechanical characteristics
- Permanently elastic after curing
- Impervious to mould, contains biocide with fungicidal action
- Good extrudability even at low temperatures
- Suitable for sanitary applications
- Free of isocyanates, solvents, halogens and acids
- Can be painted with water-based systems
- Crystal clear formulation
This polymer-based sealant can be used on or for:
- All common bonding applications, both indoor and outdoor.
- Sealing joints indoors.
- Transparent and elastic bonding in the building and construction industry.
- Invisible bonding of glass and other transparent materials in indoor applications.
- Sanitary and kitchen areas – resists mould growth.
- Structural bonding in vibrating constructions.
- Sealing of floor joints.
- Panelling applications.
- Building substrates.
- On treated wood.
- Where good resistance to water, aliphatic solvents, mineral oils, grease, diluted inorganic acids and alkalis is required.
- Bonding applications in construction and metal constructions.
- Elastic bonding in vibrating constructions.
- Sanitary applications.
- Connection joints in sheet metal fabrication.
- Sealing of air conditioning systems.
- Bonding of security and safety glass.
- Supple bonding in car bodies, caravans and containers.
- MS Polymer crystal clear sealant.
- Clear kitchen sealant.
- Mould resistant sealant.
- Mould resistant silicone.
- Clear kitchen silicone.
- Clear bathroom silicone.
- Clear bathroom sealant.
- Clear stone sealant.
- Clear fix all.
- Crystal clear sealant adhesive.
Bathroom and Kitchen Sealant
Apply P1010 to seal gaps and joints in bathrooms and kitchens. It’s resistant to moisture and can be used around sinks, showers, and countertops.
Bonding Transparent Plastics
It can be used to bond transparent plastic materials such as acrylic, and PETG, creating strong and transparent joints.
Signage and Display Assembly
When assembling clear signage or display cases, P1010 provides a clear bond that won’t obstruct the visibility of the contents.
It’s great for various DIY projects, including crafting, model building, and repairing clear plastic or glass objects.
Solar Panel Installations
Use P1010 for sealing and bonding components in solar panel installations to ensure a transparent and weather-resistant seal.
Please note that this sealant is not suitable for bonding aquariums, and do not use in applications where continuous water immersion is possible.
This sealant has good resistance to:
- (Salt) Water
- Aliphatic solvents
- Diluted mineral acids and alkalis
Suitable for use on:
This sealant has excellent adhesion on most substrates and has been tested on the following surfaces:
- All usual building substrates
- Treated wood
Due to the fact that specific substrates such as plastics, like polycarbonate, etc, may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, we recommend preliminary compatibility test.
Standards and Certificates
Declaration of compliance ISEGA – Tested for use in foodstuffs-related area.
This sealant does have poor resistance to: aromatic solvents, concentrated acids, chlorinated hydrocarbons.
This sealant should be used in conjunction with our 310ml applicator gun.
|Base||SMX Hybrid Polymer|
|Curing system||Moisture curing|
|Hardness||38+5 Shore A|
|Elasticity modulus 100%||0.60 N/mm2|
|Application temperature||5°C to 35°C|
|Curing speed||2mm / 24 hours to 3mm / 24 hours|
|Max. tension (ISO37)||1,80 N/mm2|
|Elongation at break||Ca. 350%|
|Free from||Isocyanates, solvents and acids|
|Pack Size||310ml cartridge|
|Temperature Resistance||-40°C to 90°C|
|Work life||Up to 10 mins|
Directions for use
|Application method||With manual – or pneumatic caulking gun|
|Cleaning||Clean with White Spirit immediately after use (before curing)|
|Finishing||With a soapy solution before skinning.|
|Repair||With the same material|
When applying this sealant, make sure not to spill any sealant on the surface of materials. Taping the surface around the joint can prevent this.
Porous surfaces in water loaded applications should be primed. Prepare non-porous surfaces with cleaner. The surfaces should be degreased before bonding them together.
While producing plastics very often releasing agents, processing aids and other protective agents (like protection foil) are used. These should be removed prior to bonding or sealing.
NOTICE: bonding plastics like PMMA (e.g. Plexi® glass), polycarbonate (e.g. Makrolon® or Lexan®) in stress loaded applications can give rise to stress cracking and crazing in
these substrates. The use of Fix ALL Crystal is not recommended in these applications. Not suitable for PE, PP, PTFE (eg Teflon®), bituminous substrates, copper or copper containing materials such as bronze and brass.
May be painted on
This sealant may be painted over with water-based paints, however due to the large number of paints and varnishes available we strongly suggest a compatibility test before application.
The drying time of alkyd resin-based paints may increase.
Discolouration under extreme conditions or after very long UV
If you buy this sealant in bulk, we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this sealant is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this sealant is correct for your requirements, please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.