Sprayable Foam Contact Adhesive C8530 has been developed specifically for use in the upholstery and furniture industry. It is a low-pressure, non-flammable contact adhesive. Sprayable Foam Contact Adhesive C8530 is designed to be applied with contact adhesive spray systems.
Ideal for creating furniture and upholstery items
It securely bonds flexible and soft foam (polyurethane) to itself, as well as a wide range of other materials, including wood, plastics and most metals.
Bonds are durable with excellent heat-resistance. C8530 also creates a soft bond line, which helps to simplify the cutting process during manufacturing and ensures a great finished product.
Minimises production time
This sprayable contact adhesive foam is a single-component adhesive that requires no mixing and is rapidly applied to substrates by spraying. C8530 also permits the quick handling of bonded substrates because it develops aggressive tack and green-strength within one minute.
Suitable for machine and manual application
It is suitable for use with a range of equipment, but also will give an excellent coverage when sprayed by hand. C8530 also has a long open tack-time of up to 30 minutes, which gives you the flexibility to allow for unforeseeable delays. This makes C8530 particularly suited to manual applications.
This spray adhesive has a high solid content in comparison to similar products. The method of spraying also ensures excellent coverage and reduces wastage, which keeps the amount of adhesive required to a minimum.
This spray glue is known as, or used for:
- Contact adhesive foam
- Sprayable foam contact adhesive
- Contact adhesive spray
- Contact adhesive glue
- Upholstery adhesive
- Upholstery adhesive spray
- Adhesive for upholstery
- Upholstery foam glue adhesive
- Adhesive for upholstery foam
Upholstery and furniture industry application
Sprayable Foam Contact Adhesive C8530 offers the upholstery and furniture industry the following benefits:
- Strong yet soft bond lines make it an ideal contact adhesive for upholstery and furniture
- Sprayable foam contact adhesive with aggressive tack and green-strength to minimise production time
- Long open tack-time makes it suitable for contact adhesive spray systems or manual application
- Sprayability makes it and extremely economical high solid adhesive.
Require larger quantities
This Sprayable Foam Contact Adhesive is also available in 25Litre containers. Please contact the office on 01509 815550 if you require this size as it is not available on the website.
Customer asked questions
Question: I would like to bond flexible polypropylene membrane and need something that can be applied using a roller. Do you have a suitable product?
Answer: Polypropylene isn’t an easy polymer to bond. Our best suggestion is our C8530 adhesive [this product]. It is not a structural bond, so neither substrate will be damaged by application.
It is suggested that you screw an “L” trim or a “U” channel over the top to help stop the sheet from being peeled off.
|Application Temperature||5°C to 30°C|
|Coverage||20 sq metres / Litre|
|Tack life||1 – 30 minutes|
|Storage information||5° – 25°C|
|Temperature Resistance||-30°C to +70°C|
Directions for Use
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean and free from grease and other contaminants. Metal surfaces in particular should be grease free and cut foam should not be contaminated with silicone lubricants from the cutting operation.
- C8530 may be sprayed by hand or sprayed through most equipment, but for best results we recommend a gun fitted with a fluid tip/needle and an air-cap. A material pressure of 20-30 psi and an atomising pressure of 40-60 psi are required.
- Apply C8530 to both surfaces of the glue line. The amount required will depend on the porosity of the substrates (usually the less-porous surface is sprayed), but is normally in the range of 20-40g (dry) per square metre.
- The surfaces can be joined immediately or up to 30 minutes of the adhesive being sprayed (depending on atmospheric conditions).
- Apply pressure via nip rollers or a short period in a platen or other type of press.
Sprayable contact adhesive price
If you buy this contact adhesive in bulk we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this Spray Adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.