Woodworking PU Glue P1001 is a liquid polyurethane based adhesive in a squeezy 750gm bottle which is ideal for workshops and production lines. The adhesive is suitable for all woodworking applications both internal and external as it is D4 water resistant adhesive providing a strong, flexible bond when required.
This woodworking glue has a work life of 3 to 5 minutes depending on conditions and will require clamping for around 30 minutes with a full strength bond being achieved within 1 hour.
Materials P1001 is designed to bond include various porous and non-porous surfaces such as:
- Other materials commonly used in construction
This Woodworking Superfast PU Adhesive is not suitable for PE and PP applications.
This woodworking adhesive is suitable for the following types of applications:
- Interior applications which are exposed to high relative humidity
- Exterior applications which are exposed to direct weather influence
- Bonding of windows and door frames (also corner connections) which need to meet class D4 according to EN204
- Bonding of wooden construction elements
- Panelling production and all fast cure woodworking applications
- Similar applications
P1001 offers the user the following benefits:
- Easy to tool
- Professional quality
- Foaming penetration action to fill bond cavities
- Water resistant D4
- Suitable for wet wood types
We recommend a preliminary adhesion and compatibility test on every surface prior to being used fully.
Moisture cure PU Adhesive
P1001 is a moisture cure PU so any excess adhesive will foam up around the joint. Leave this to set hard and simply scrape or sand away.
Woodworking Superfast PU P1001 comes in an easy-to-use 750g bottle with a nozzle built in, so you have everything you need to start using the adhesive, straight out of the box.
|Curing system||Moisture curing|
|Temperature resistance||-30°C to 100°C|
|Pressing Pressure||1kg/cm2 to 1.2kg/cm2|
|Water resistance (EN204)||D4|
|Total solid content||95%|
|Density||Ca 1,11 g/ml|
|Open time (*)||Ca. 5 minutes|
|Pressing times||Minimum 30 minutes|
|Application temperature||>5°C to 35°C|
(*) these values may vary depending on environmental factors such as temperature, moisture, and type of substrates.
Known as or used for
This adhesive is known as or used for the following:
- Polyurethane Panel Adhesive Fast Cure
- Water resistant wood glue
- Polyurethane glue
- Panel adhesive
- Panel glue
- Flexible wood glue
- Panel glue
- Panel adhesive
- Woodworking adhesive
- Woodworking glue
- External wood glue
Directions for Use
Note: Before bonding your materials, we recommend a preliminary compatibility test. As of 24 August 2023, training is required for professional and industrial users of polyurethane adhesives and sealant products within the EU and UK. The training is all online via a PU Training platform which can be accessed via www.safeusediisocyanates.eu
- Prepare your surfaces. The adhesive cures on exposure to moisture in the air or in the material. A light moistening of the surface (e.g. with a water spray) can accelerate the hardening process and increase the filling character.
- Apply the adhesive with the aid of a fine-toothed comb or brush on to one of the materials to be bonded.
- Bring the two parts together within a maximum of 5 minutes from initial application.
- Clamp the two materials for a minimum of 30 minutes. During the curing, clamping of the materials is necessary in order to achieve the final maximum possible strength.
Cleaning: Uncured P1001 can be removed from substrates and tools with P1013 – gun and foam cleaner. Cured P1001 can only be removed mechanically.
Repair: With the same material.
Woodworking PU Glue – P1001 – adhesive price
If you buy this Woodworking Superfast Pu adhesive in bulk we offer a discounted rate making it even better value for money.
Not sure if this Woodworking Superfast Pu Adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.