WC112 is a single-component structural acrylic adhesive designed to bond cast acrylic sheet with a bond strength that should always outperform the substrate.
This ultra high strength is achieved by using a bespoke blend of advanced acrylic polymers which when combined with our non Dichloromethane cure system provides a fast bond speed with ultra high clarity.
Following the growing concern regarding the possible carcinogenic effects of Dichloromethane, WC112 was developed using an alternate derived from renewable resources with a very low environmental impact.
This alternate adhesive is very safe to use and brings a number of marked improvements to the adhesive system including:
- A faster cure speed and handling strength
- Improved optical clarity with no amber or blue tint to the cured material
- A safer to use structural adhesive
Designed to bond Cast Acrylic
This cast acrylic adhesive kit is slow-curing and specifically designed to bond cast acrylic (Perspex) allowing time for re-alignment and longer time for application.
Adhesive kit includes
This kit includes a 250ml tin of adhesive and an empty 50ml squeezy bottle to aid accurate application.
The 250ml tin should provide a bead 4-5mm wide 15m long.
High bond strength
This cast acrylic adhesive WC112 when cured provides a bond strength normally stronger than the acrylic itself.
Sizes of this glue available
This glue is available in the following sizes:
- 50ml Cast Acrylic Adhesive Kit - WC112
- 250ml Cast Acrylic Adhesive Kit - WC112
- 500ml Cast Acrylic Adhesive Kit - WC112
- 1 Litre Cast Acrylic Adhesive Kit - WC112
|Viscosity Brookfield T-Bar||3,000 CPS|
|Handling strength||3 hours @ 20°C|
|Joint machine time||24 Hours|
Performance of cured material
|ASTM D1002 Lap shear Acrylic||Substrate failure|
|Gap fill||0.15mm - 0.6mm|
|Temperature Range||-55°C to 120°C|
Please test the flow and get used to its speed by running fine beads along a test surface such as glass or metal.
DO NOT WIPE any excess over the surface as this will smear the surface and leave an unsightly smudge. Kitchen paper / tissue can be used to carefully absorb any excess.
Directions for use
- Always consult MSDS before using WC112 for the first time
- Carry out surface preparation where required on the cast acrylic sheet
- Dispense a line of adhesive and quickly assemble the parts to minimise solvent evaporation
- Allow the adhesive sufficient time to achieve handling strength before moving or unclamping components
Not sure if this Acrylic adhesive is right for your requirements?
If you are not sure if this adhesive is correct for your requirements please contact us to discuss your requirements and we can point you in the right direction.